Indications: LYBALVI® is used in adults to treat schizophrenia. LYBALVI is also used in adults to treat manic or mixed episodes that happen with bipolar 1 disorder, either alone for short-term (acute) or maintenance treatment or in combination with valproate or lithium.
Schizophrenia is a lifelong condition that often starts affecting adults in their 20s
The exact cause of schizophrenia is not known, but one theory is that certain chemicals in the brain get out of balance. Those chemicals are called neurotransmitters.
Schizophrenia can affect thoughts, feelings, and interactions with other people.
Some schizophrenia symptoms may include:
- Things you hear or see that others do not (called hallucinations)
- Thoughts you have that are not based in reality (called delusions)
- Disorganized thoughts and speech
- Trouble understanding or paying attention to information
- Inability to focus
- Loss of interest in socializing with others
- Lack of emotion in your voice or facial expressions
- Loss of pleasure
- Trouble remembering information